Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

Today is my sister Stephanie's birthday. I think it is wonderful to have an older sister. I loved being her shadow when we were growing up. She never made me feel like I was in her shadow, but she allowed me to tag along, just like her shadow. She has always made me feel important.

When we were young, we would make paper dolls, and decorate our doll houses. She taught me how to create wallpaper on the doll house using candy bar wrappers. She also inspired me to make a water bed for my doll using a ziploc bag filled with water. She is still a fabulous designer. I love to go to her home and see what she has done, although I don't get there very often, because we live so far apart. When she posts pictures of her home on her blog, I try to zoom in as close as possible on each one, so I can see the details and steal her design ideas.

I was so excited when she turned 16 and she could drive me around. She was patient with me while I panicked in the car and put my foot on the dash board each time I felt she needed to stop or slow down. I have always had the knack for being a back-seat driver, even when I'm in the front seat.

We are more than just sisters, we are great friends. I love to be able to talk with her, laugh with her and enjoy her. We have many fun memories. For more about Stephanie and our adventures together, click here.

Happy Birthday Steph!