Yesterday, I made Ciabatta bread. I actually had to start it on Saturday night, because it required a starter - a combination of flour, honey, yeast and water. The starter had to sit for over 12 hours. I added flour, salt, yeast and olive oil to the starter and let it sit for another three hours. The Ciabatta dough is extremely sticky, so it was harder to work with than the wheat dough I am used to. The directions said to "handle it like a baby" so the air bubbles wouldn't burst. I think I was a little too rough with my dough so I didn't get the huge air pockets in the bread, but it tasted wonderful.
We dipped it in a mixture of olive oil and balsamic viniger.
I have figured out what I will do differently next time, but I think it was a pretty good outcome for my first attempt.
2 comments:
Heidi:
Like I said, your an AWESOME COOK. Way better than an of my attempts would of been. Way to go Heidi. Love Britt
That looks so tasty. I would ask you for the recipe, but I'm not quite as patient as you and would probably ruin the recipe anyway... so maybe I'll just pay you for it. :)
Post a Comment