A couple of weeks ago, I spotted a small straw nest on the top of our weeping cherry tree. I brought Dwight out to look at it and he was able to look inside. There wasn't anything in it. For the next few days I would be serenaded by a dove sitting on our fence when I worked in the yard. I loved to hear its cooing.A few days later, I went out to water some plants on the porch. I stepped off the porch to get the hose and a bird flew from the tree. It was the dove that had been singing to me earlier in the week. I hurried and got my camera so I could see into the nest. I had to hold the camera above my head. I took a picture and was surprised to see a small white egg resting in the nest.
I went back inside, hoping I hadn't scared the dove away. When I went out a little while later, she was sitting on the nest. It took a couple of days before I stopped
worrying about her. When it rained, I wondered if I should go and put an umbrella above her, I wondered if I should put food and water on the porch for her. One stormy day, Dwight thought I would be out on the porch with the hairdryer to warm her (I'm sure he thought of it because it's something he would do. He bought Ellie two heating pads, one for her bed and one for when she is laying by us on the couch. He also warms spots for her with the hairdryer when it's cold).It's nice to have a bird nesting in our yard. She is a beautiful dove.
2 comments:
How cool! We mostly have ugly crows in our trees. :)
Maybe this dove is Tammy reincarnated.
Check to see if she laughs when you fall off stuff or maybe she will sit on your foot when you become good enough friends.
It’ just a thought.
-Aim
Post a Comment