
12 years ago, Dwight and I bought our first couch. It was covered in a red, blue, green and tan plaid fabric. The couch traveled with us on many moves, from Sandy, UT to Bountiful, UT, to New York City, to Kent, WA and then back to UT. Since that time, much has changed. But the couch, with it's festive plaid hasn't. It has been a great couch. So great, that for the past 8 years, or so, I have hoped that something would happen to it so that I could replace it, since I am no longer in a plaid stage. But, the couch withstood everything we threw at it, including Ellie (Yes, Dwight likes to play "flying dog" and will throw her onto the couch, bed, or anything soft).
Last month, we decided it was finally time to retire the plaid couch. I looked through magazines and we went to numerous furniture stores to find the perfect couch. Since, it will have to last the next 12 years, I wanted to make sure it was exactly right. We finally found one and purchased it on Presidents Day. We decided to avoid the $75.00 delivery fee and pick up the couch ourselves.
I anxiously awaited that day that we could pick up the new couch. Finally, the day arrived and I called the warehouse to make sure that our couch was there waiting for us. I was told that it was on a truck and that it would be hours before we would be able to pick it up. Then the snow came, and came, and came, so we couldn't go and pick up the couch. The next Saturday, Dwight and his brother, Lauren, made the trip to pick up the couch. It felt like Christmas. I couldn't wait to see and sit on my new couch.
They brought the new couch in and covered the plaid couch with the plastic from the new couch. I was so sad to see the old couch get loaded onto the truck, ready to make another move. Luckily, it was going to a good home. I went back into the house and looked at my new couch. It was a beautiful color that was exactly what I wanted. However, the couch wasn't. It was the right color, but the wrong couch! I called the store where we had purchased the couch and was told that the associate that helped us had ordered the wrong couch. I would have to wait another week and a half for the right couch to come.
On Tuesday, the couch came. All the way from Seattle! This time, it was delivered to u
s. It is exactly what I wanted. I think that since it has a neutral fabric that we will be able to enjoy it for years to come. I'm sure Ellie will miss playing "flying dog" on the couch, but I won't miss the plaid.
2 comments:
I love your new couch! I'm sorry it was such a hassle. But I think it was worth the wait. :)
lol, where did the old couch go??
Post a Comment