
On March 18, 2005 Dwight and his Dad set out to find us a Boston Terrier. They left our home in Kent, WA and drove to Oregon. Dwight wanted a playful dog, so when he saw the litter in Oregon he chose the most energetic puppy. He brought the puppy home in a large Rubbermaid storage container (without the lid of, of course). She cried the whole way home. She was so tiny - about the size of a hamster. When they got home, she got out and excitedly ran around the house and then wanted to sit in our laps and cuddle. We named her Ellie, which means light. She has definitely been a light in our lives.
She learned quickly that if she scratched on the door, we would let her out. She knew that going out meant she could run through the backyard to visit the neighbor dog, Dispatch. She and Dispatch were best of friends and she would run into his house any chance she could get, even when uninvited. Dispatch loved to play with her and when we were out in the yard I would hear him ringing his little bell so his owner would let him out. It always made me laugh when I knew his owner wasn't home and I would hear the constant ringing of Dispatch's bell. Now her favorite playmate is her cousin, Harley.
Ellie loves to cuddle. She loves to lay under as many blankets as possible. I have never seen a dog that likes to be completely covered with a blanket, but she loves it. One day I found her inside one of our pillows. She had burrowed into the pillowcase. Her favorite food is chicken and she LOVES Dingo bones. She likes to play with yarn and stuffed animals.

We are so happy to have Ellie as part of our Family. She makes us laugh.
1 comment:
Ellie is so cute! Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment