Thursday, April 1, 2010

Out Like a Lion

In Elementary School I learned that March comes in either like a lamb or a lion, and goes out either like a lamb or a lion. This year, I would say that March came in like a lamb and went out like a lion. February and the beginning of March were fairly mild, and I really enjoyed it.

On Tuesday, the wind began to howl. As I was walking home from a visit with the neighbor I saw shingles laying on the grass. I felt bad for the poor person that lost their shingles. We have many neighbors that have a patchwork of shingles on their roof because the winds can be so strong. I looked up to see that shingles were flapping on the back corner of our roof. We haven't been able to get up there yet to assess the damage. Hopefully it's not too bad.

When I let Ellie out this morning, the snow on the deck was up to her shoulders. When Dwight went out a little later, he measured 7 inches in the back yard. We went from 60 degrees, to snow in just a few days. Ellie isn't a fan of the cold so, as usual, when she came shivering in, Dwight made her a nice little nest, heating pad and all.


I am very ready for warmer Spring weather to arrive. So is Ellie.

No comments: