Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yummy Kiwi Mango Relish


I have been wanting to try a recipe that I found in Body & Soul magazine for quite awhile. The recipe was for a kiwi lime relish to be served with shrimp. I finally decided to make it tonight. I added some ingredients (mango and green onion) to the original recipe and really liked how it turned out. We ate it with shrimp, but I especially liked eating it with tortilla chips. I had a hard time deciding if I would call it a relish or salsa. I decided that since I enjoyed eating it so much relish fit just fine.

Here is the recipe I made tonight.

Kiwi Mango Relish

2 kiwi, peeled and diced
1 mango (still a little green, not too ripe) peeled and diced
1 jalapeno pepper diced (I didn't include the seeds)
1 green onion, white and green parts
a small hand full of cilantro, chopped
juice from 1 lime
salt to taste

I also think this would be good over grilled chicken.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

This looks really good, Heidi. I will have to try this for sure. I love the recipes you post!

jamatukk said...

Looks Delicious Heidi. I will try it on Chicken Nathan can try it on the shrimp. It will be perfect. Love ya Britt