I found two gadgets that I like for both reasons. I received a gift card for Williams-Sonoma for my Birthday (Thanks, Steph!) , and after much debating about which gadgets I should get, I settled for two (so far).
I use limes and
lemons a lot. I enjoy the flavor they add to dishes and I really enjoy the cleaning power of the lemon. I decided to get a fun looking citrus juicer. I was drawn to the bright yellow color. The thing I liked most about the idea of getting a juicer was that I no longer had to fish the seeds out when I juiced the lemons. I made a good choice. It extracts virtually every drop of juice, all with one little squeeze, and is easy to clean.
I have been wanting to get a Microplane grater for awhile. I use a lot of lime zest. I decided to get the fine grater so I can grate citrus zest, garlic and spices. The first time I used it I was convinced I had added the right gadget to my overflowing gadget drawer. I made garlic shrimp and the grated garlic melted into the shrimp, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. It was wonderful.
I can't wait to spend the rest of my gift card!
(The pictures are from Williams-Sonoma's website)
No comments:
Post a Comment