Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Simple Things





It's usually the small and simple things that make the biggest difference. I put three small hens and chickens that I got from my Grandparents yard, in little pots on the coffee table. It makes the room feel finished and more personalized. I enjoy taking things that are sentimental and using them in my home.


These small little plants brighten up the entire room and make it feel complete.







I have also realized that it's the simple everyday things that Dwight does for me that I think are romantic. I enjoy the vacations, the flowers and other gifts, but it's the small things that melt my heart the most.

Here are some of the most romantic things Dwight has done for me:
  • Covering my feet with a blanket so they don't get cold while I'm saying my prayers.
  • Putting my coat in the dryer so it's nice and warm when I leave the house on a cold morning.
  • Walking me to the bus stop and waiting with me until the bus came, even though it was 6:40 in the morning and even if it was dark and raining.
  • Sitting as close to me as he can and making sure his knee touches mine.
  • Bringing a home-made lunch to my work when he knew I was having a hard day.
  • Letting me put my cold feet on his to warm them up.
  • Smiling at me from across the room when we're at a big gathering.
  • Holding my hand in the grocery store.
  • Picking out a great house for us to live in. I didn't see our current house until just before we signed the closing papers.
  • Singing 80's tunes to me as we drove across the country in our moving van.
  • Always telling me thank you after we finish eating dinner.
  • Treating my Mom with respect and loving her. One of the last times I saw them together was when he knelt down beside her bed and kissed her on the forehead and hugged her.
  • Giving me handwritten notes.
  • Always kissing me goodbye.
  • Telling me I'm beautiful, even when I'm in my grungy clothes cleaning the house without any makeup.
I'm so grateful for the simple things in life, especially for an extremely romantic husband.

2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

You just made me cry. I swear everything makes me cry lately but that was really darn cute.
Dwight is such a good good man.

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Cute room!! I love the red couch. THANK YOU to Dwight for being so good to my sister.
Love, Steph