
Tomorrow, Dwight and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary.
I have great memories of that day. We decided a little last minute to get married on Valentines Day. The only appointment we could get for the Salt Lake Temple was at 1:20 in the afternoon. We decided that since it would be so late in the day, we would do our wedding reception a week later. It was a nice day. We weren't rushed in the morning to get there, and we weren't stressed out during the day trying to meet deadlines.
We decided to get married on February 14th for a couple of reasons. We wanted to get married in the Salt Lake Temple and the ground was broken to begin building the Temple on February 14th, 1853, so I thought it was appropriate that our marriage start on that day. We also figured that it would be a date that both of us could remember.
I came down with a respiratory infection a few days before the wedding, so I was feeling miserable. It took all that I had just to stand and smile for the pictures. It's good that I was so happy to married, or it would have been an awful day.
While we were having our pictures taken, a local news station came and shot footage for their news cast. There was a clip of us featured on the news during the evening broadcast. We recorded it, but lost the tape years ago.
After about 2 hours of picture taking, we went to dinner with my parents and grandparents. Then Dwight and I headed to our first apartment in Sandy. We left for a short honeymoon to Washington a couple of weeks later.
It has been a great 13 years. I look forward to many, many more.

3 comments:
Cute!!! And Love the stylish glasses mom! (hehehehehehehe)☺
♥Haleigh Kay♥
I like how I look in the picture in front of the temple. I almost looks like I am trying to force a grin!
It was fun for me to read why you chose Feb. 14. Things I didn't know.
I love you!
Post a Comment