Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tormenting Ellie

When Ellie was a puppy, we didn't have a video camera. We borrowed one from Dwight's sister and kept the mini DV tape. We never did buy a camera that was compatible with the tape, so I decided to get it copied to DVD as a Christmas gift for Dwight this year.

My sister, Amy, helped me transfer it from mini DV to VHS tape, so I could see what was on it. I brought the VHS tape home and wanted to see how Ellie would respond to seeing herself on TV. Dwight was working late, so I put it in and was surprised with Ellie's reaction. She couldn't care less that it was her on the the screen, she could hear Dwight calling her and she wanted to know where he was. She whined, and ran up to the TV and then from room to room trying to find him. I thought it was a great reaction and that Dwight would love seeing it, so I recorded it and my brother, Nathan, helped me burn it all to DVD.

Here's a clip of Ellie whining because she can't figure out where Dwight is...

3 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Oh my goodness that is so cute. I love it.

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

CUTE Ellie!

Olivia Meikle said...

That is so cute!

I always heard dogs couldn't see TVs, something about 2D vs 3D vision. Maybe that's why she only cared about the audio.