Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Light


On Monday, we went to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. The weather was perfect for walking around and enjoying the lights.

I find it brilliant that we celebrate Christmas so close to the darkest day of the year. I think it is a perfect way to remember the light. I love to see all of the Christmas lights and think about how amazing it is to have both electricity and the light that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we are in trying times, but amidst all of the gloom, there is light. There is hope, and joy and love.

I am grateful that I have a knowledge of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that by following Him, and His light, I will be truly happy. He is the light and the life of the world.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.




4 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures! We were there Monday night too, sorry we missed you!

jamatukk said...

Heidi:
Your pictures look great. It was a great night. Glad to see you guys. We still need to look at our pictures, maybe today. Love ya Britt

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Those pictures are so cool!! I've always wanted to see the lights at Temple Square!!
♥Haleigh♥

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Beautiful pictures. Even more BEAUTIFUL message.
Love, Steph