Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Amy!

What a blessing it is to have such great sisters.

Amy is my younger sister. She and I have had many adventures together. We used to share a room, which included our younger sister Jessica. They had to put up with me rearranging the room at least once a week. I'm sure she felt apprehensive when she would leave for a few hours to visit a friend and return home to find her bed moved. She always knew which bed was hers because it would be piled high with all of her things. Every morning I would pick up all of her clothes and toys and put them on her bed and at night she would shove them off so she could sleep. The pile was taller than she was.

We loved to play house together. We would either play in the garage or in the playhouse in the yard, or play in the bedroom with our little people houses. We still have those Fisher Price little people houses. They are in great condition. My favorite memory of those little houses is when Amy used hers as a suitcase when she decided to run away to the neighbors house (she never had to use it because, thankfully, she decided to come back).

Amy loved to sing and dance. I'm not nearly as talented as she is in this area, but I did do a fancy dance for her wedding video. She makes me laugh and has the ability to make anything fun. She has a talent for inventing games with everyday items, such as blindly hurling socks over the half wall in the entry with the person below trying to catch them (this one was invented just 2 years ago).

She is very creative and has an incredible eye for design. I love living close to her so we can bargain shop together and so she can give me design tips.

Aim, I hope you have a great Birthday. Thanks for being such a great friend and sister!

2 comments:

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Well Hide, I still have nightmares of gigantic piles of clothing, toys, what have you, falling on me in the middle of the night. ;)

Thanks for your post. You are a great sister.

Olivia Meikle said...

Hey, I REMEMBER those girls! We used to hang out, I think.