The tonsillectomy went much better than I feared. I'm still having to make myself take it easy. It's hard for me to stay still for very long.
The hardest day of the recovery period was day 1. We got home from the hospital at around 4:00. I decided to lay down and sleep. I couldn't sleep and I kept looking at the clock. It took forever for the clock to read 5:00. I did some quick math in my head and thought, "One hour down, only 336 more to go. I think I can do that." I didn't sleep at all that night. I would start to drift off and then I would snap back awake.
The pain wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was able to stop taking pain killers on Sunday. I'm not sure what the next stage will bring. I hope I am done with the worst.
I am looking forward to being able to chew food again. I'm not a big fan of having to grind everything up to eat it. Dwight has done a lot of cooking. Last night he made me mashed potatoes and gravy that tasted sooooo good. He also introduced me to my favorite new snack, frozen yogurt. He put the small containers of yogurt in the freezer. It felt wonderful on my sore throat and it is much healthier than the popsicles I was craving, even though I eat them too.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heidi:
take it easy. You Millers and always going. Glad to hear your doing well. Elise wants to sleep by you at Grandma and Grandpa's tent night on the 24th like she got to last year. She keeps asking about you. Love ya Britt
Post a Comment