Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tonsils

Tomorrow I get to go and have my tonsils removed.

Yesterday, I was e-mailing my cousin and I realized something. When I was younger, I wanted so badly to wear glasses, have braces and get my tonsils removed. I thought people who wore glasses were so cool. When my brother, Stephen, was in Jr. High, he got shop glasses. I used to wear them around the neighborhood. I used to put elastic bands around my teeth so they would look like braces. I wanted my tonsils out so that I could lay in bed and eat ice cream.

I had braces, and they hurt like crazy. I have to wear either contacts or glasses, and they aren't fun either. And now, I am finally getting my tonsils out and I'm expecting it to be far less pleasant than I had dreamed. Maybe I should have put all those wishful thoughts into being taller, or having beautiful naturally curly hair. It seems that you really do get what you wish for.

2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

I will bring you ice cream in bed and pick up your pain meds at the pharmacy. Because you're my sister and you're nice to me like that... and you'll probably need pain meds. Sorry. I don't envy you for that. Your creativity, culinary skills, wit...many other things, yes. Tonsils. No.

Casey said...

Good luck Heidi!