Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nanaimo Bars

When Dwight and I were in Victoria, Canada, we came across a great fudge shop. They had Nanaimo Bars on sale, so we decided to give them a try, since we were in Nanaimo, Canada earlier that day. The name of the bars sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure why until I saw them. Dwight's Dad made them for us a couple of times when we lived in Washington.

The Nanaimo Bars are probably horribly bad for you, but they are terribly good. I was able to find the recipe on the city of Nanaimo's website. The link is below if you would like to give them a try.

Nanaimo Bars Recipe

I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the bottom layer. I didn't have any custard powder, so I used 2 Tbsp. of vanilla instant pudding powder, and I used 3 Tbsp. of half and half instead of cream in the filling.

No comments: