Friday, May 2, 2008

Beans and Rocks

While Dwight and I were in Washington, we stayed with his sister, Cherisse, and her family for a night. We got to see her new house. She has done a great job decorating it. I especially liked her guest bathroom. She put polished rocks in the sink. It made the bathroom feel very spa like. I think it was such a clever idea.

Cherie and I also took a tour of the model homes in her neighborhood. I saw some great decorating ideas while we were walking through. In most of the master bathrooms, they used dried beans in trays to hold candles. I thought that it was such a fun idea. I decided to use the idea in my master bath. I put some dried split peas in a tray on my counter. I think it looks great, even though it was super cheap.

2 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Nordstrom uses black beans to display their frangrances. Yesterday when I was there, a girl spilled them all over the floor. That's how I knew they were there.
Cute idea!
I might have to steal that one as well!

T.A.T.I Crew said...

I love both ideas. I will have to try the rocks in my master bath. So fun. Thanks for sharing.