I have mentioned before that Ellie loves to climb underneath as many blankets as possible. She and I are alike in this regard. Her favorite thing to do in the morning is run upstairs, from her kennel, and sleep with me in the bed. I don't like having her on my sheets, but I do let her under the top comforter. She will stay in bed most of the morning until I kick her out so I can make it.
I know, I know, my brothers and sisters are reading this and thinking, "Wait a minute...she wouldn't even let us sit on her blankets, but she lets a dog in her bed?". Yeah, I have become a little more soft in my old age. Although, there is still the rule that there is no sitting on the sheets, or taking naps, when clothed in something other than pajamas.
Ellie always watches with a look of disappointment when I make the bed. She still gets to lay on it when it's made, but it's not the same as being underneath the covers. I even put another blanket out so she has something to cover her. I have to wash the throw pillows quite frequently because she also likes to burrow into them and drool.
This week, Ellie figured out that just because the bed is made, it can't stop her from getting underneath her favorite blanket. I made the bed and started getting ready for the day. When I came back in the room the throw pillows were strewn about and there was a lump in the bed, as well as a rumply corner. She figured out that she could burrow in from the top corner of the bed. I found her snoring and drooling away. Thank goodness for a washing machine that can fit a queen sized duvet.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a sneaky little puppy! :)
That is one spoiled dog. She should consider herself especially lucky for even getting to touch your bed! ;)
Post a Comment