
This morning we participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure for the fourth time. Last year, I thought I would try and run the 5k, but didn't do it. This year, I decided to do it. My two sisters and sister-in-law decided to run too (two of my brother-in-laws ran too, My brother, Dad and Dwight walked with the kids). I was a little nervous because even though I run at least three miles a day, 5 days a week, I had never run an official 5k before.
The street was packed with people, but we wound our way as close as we could to the starting line before the race started. I didn't think I would be able to do it as the emotions swelled. The race started and I continued to weave my away around people walking and other runners. About 2 minutes into the race I got separated from my sisters, but I kept going. I was able to run the entire 3.1 miles.
I went to our designated meeting-point and no one else was there. A few minutes after arriving at the meeting spot, I heard my sister-in-law calling my name. She was nearing the finish line, so I wanted to cross with her. I ran back into the street and crossed the line again, this time feeling so much more fulfilled, because I got to cross and celebrate with Brittney. It was a great Race for the Cure experience.


4 comments:
You. Rock.
Oh, but what's up with that chick with the bulging vein on her forehead?
How embarrassing!
I LOVE you all!! I am so proud of you!
LOVE, Steph
I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Then your post came through on my Google reader... now I know! You look great! Your hair is so long and pretty. :) Congrats on running the race, I wish I was in that good of shape!
Mark and Adam closed down the office and moved to Denver. I think everyone got laid off, or nearly everyone. Not that you care, but sometimes it's fun to know what happens right? I've haven't worked there in over a year so I don't really know anything about it.
Your the best Heidi! I loved having you finish it with me. So glad you did. Next year we will all have to keep up with you and all cross together. Love ya Britt
Post a Comment