In January of 2009, I decided to get a tortilla maker. I ordered one made by Villaware, but didn't get it because it was discontinued.During the Christmas season last year, Dwight and his Sister, Cherisse did some research and found out that Chef Pro made a similar tortilla maker and Amazon.com was going to sell it. Cherisse and her family sent us an Amazon.com gift card so we could purchase it once it was available. We were finally able to order it a few weeks ago.
It is a fabulous thing to have. It flattens the tortillas perfectly and cooks as it presses them. I made a batch of whole wheat/spelt tortillas (which are more like wraps). We used them for fajitas, breakfast burritos and filled them with chicken salad. I am also going to try using it to make flat bread.
It was worth the wait. Thanks Cherisse!
1 comment:
Sound delish, but it would be coming from your kitchen Heidi. Also if you ever don't want to make your tortillas but want fresh ones you can get uncooked ones at Costco, us non-cookers like me like to think of them as homeade. Love you Britt
Post a Comment