Monday, August 4, 2008

My Mom's a Star

This afternoon, I went with my Mom and Dad to my Mom's cancer treatment. As she was receiving her infusion, we got word that Julianne Hough (from Dancing with the Stars) was visiting the hospital and was going to be coming to the infusion center. Just as my Mom was finishing her treatment, Julianne came to pay a visit. She was immediately drawn to my Mom. She talked with her and the other patients in the clinic. She was so cute. She shook all of our hands and told us that a member of her family had battled cancer.

She made her way around the room and the Access Hollywood producer following her around came to talk with my Mom. He was amazed that she had cancer. He was impressed with her positive and upbeat demeanor, and thought she looked great. He talked with us for awhile and they left, after stopping to take some pictures with my Mom and Dad. One of the employees of the cancer center came back a short time later to get some more information on my Mom for the Access Hollywood producer.

A few minutes later another man came over and introduced himself as Julianne's Dad. He said that Julianne told him he needed to go and meet the "spitfire" in the infusion room.

I was so busy trying to get a good shot with my camera phone, that I didn't even think about joining them in the pictures. The pictures I took didn't even turn out that well. I should have been in the pictures and let the news crews do the picture taking. I found the story on our local news channel and they got great shots of both my Mom and Dad. To see the story, click the link below (my Mom's the beautiful lady in green, and my Dad's the handsome man sitting next to her).

See my Mom on the news by clicking here.

See pictures from the Salt Lake Tribune here.

See my Mom (and me) on Access Hollywood here.

I thought it would be our treat to get to meet Julianne, but it seemed to be their treat to meet my Mom. They treated her like a star. It's only appropriate, because to me she is a star. She continues to be a great light for our family.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

YAY! I know those people!
I can understand why they thought mom was a plant... does she really look like your "typical cancer patient" all pretty and peppy?? I mean, has she EVER??
Awesome tribute, Heid!