Monday, August 18, 2008

A Great Book

As I was looking through old pictures, I found some from a book that Dwight and wrote years ago.

We moved from New York to Seattle around the time of my brother, Nathan's, birthday. While on the road in our huge moving van, we stopped by a Walmart, where we happened upon the perfect gift- a huge pillow shaped like a fish. We knew that we had to buy it for Nathan, since he loves fishing. As we continued our drive, we decided to write a book for Nathan about how we caught the fish.

We had some unexpected delays on the trip, including breaking down just outside of Omaha, Nebraska. After making a trip to another Walmart to get supplies for our book, the moving van broke down again. We had to stay in a hotel just outside of Wyoming, which happened to be right next to a pond.

We started taking pictures, with no idea what the story would be. While we were taking the pictures, a man came running over from a nearby gas station to find out where we had caught such an incredibly huge fish. I was a little embarrassed when I told him that it was a pillow.

We finally made it to Utah where we finished the book.

So, posted below, is one of my favorite books. If you want to enlarge any of the pictures, just click on it.

1 comment:

Katie said...

that's the most creative and brilliant thing I've ever seen!