Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yummy Ezekiel Bread

Here's a recipe for one of our favorite breads, it's easy to make and it's packed with grains. I got the recipe from a bread class at Kitchen Kneads. I have especially liked making it with the price of wheat so high.

I half the recipe so it only makes 2 loaves (the recipe posted below will make 4 loaves), and I use lecithin instead of butter or margarine (I use 2 Tbsp. in a half recipe).

Ezekiel Bread (Ezekiel 4:9)

7 cups wheat
1 cup barley
1/4 cup pinto beans
1/4 cup soybeans
1/4 cup lentils
1 cup rye
1/3 cup millet
5 cups warm water
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 cup gluten flour
2 Tbsp. dough enhancer

Combine the grains and beans and grind into flour. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead 6-8 minutes. Shape into loaves and let rise until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Makes 4 loaves.

No comments: