Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Manti


Last weekend I went to Manti with our Young Women for Youth Conference. The Manti Temple is beautiful. We attended the Mormon Miracle Pageant and had some of the famous barbecued turkey at the Stake Center. We camped out in the public park, which was quite the adventure.

The next morning, we searched for the petroglyphs that are presumed to be from the time of Moroni. I had gotten directions from my Father-in-Law, but wasn't sure exactly where they were. Luckily, there were some people in the quarry that were able to direct us to the rocks. It was pretty amazing to see. There are walls of rocks just outside the quarry where the stone was taken for the Temple. In those rocks are at least two rocks that have carvings on them. I took some pictures, but they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I decided to post the one that turned out the best. I have circled some of the carvings.

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Although I enjoyed attending Youth Conference, I was glad to get home, take a shower and sit on real furniture. I wouldn't have made a very good pioneer.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

Not to put a damper on your awesome Manti posting, I think it's great... but are we not commemmorating the Price is Right?? I was so looking forward to "my sister can dance." "oooo, Terri! I like that name tag!!"

Then again, Steph probably has all the pictures from it.

Either way it was a fun, fun time. And we need to plan this year's Sanity Retreat