Today is my brother, Stephen's, Birthday, so I get to brag about my fabulous big brother.When we were younger, Stephen is the person that I went to when I needed something built or fixed. We sat down one day to plan my dream Barbie house. We planned for quite awhile and he went straight to work. He built the biggest Barbie house I have ever seen. It was made from particle board. It had two stories and a ladder that Barbie could climb to get from the main floor to the upper level. I will forever remember my first Barbie house.
He was always working on projects. He built a waterfall in the stream that ran behind our house, and helped us build boats to race in the stream. After a windstorm, we gathered shingles that had blown off the houses in the neighborhood, and he put them on the roof of my playhouse.
When we were in High School, Stephen used to drive me to school. One day I got a horrible headache (my first, and only, migraine) and he missed one of his classes to take me home.
Stephen came to our rescue a couple of years ago when one of our sprinkler pipes broke. It was the pipe that ran underneath our driveway. For three or four days he came out after work and helped us dig to re-route the pipe. He had a half hour drive from work to our house and then an hour-long drive back home, but he never complained.
I am the only girl in my family that has an older and a younger brother. I'm lucky to be surrounded by such great men.
1 comment:
I know this post is about your brother, but I love your hair in this picture! It is so cute and your dress to gorgeous!
Post a Comment