Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yummy Portobellini Burgers

I found some Portobellini mushrooms (small portobellos) on sale this afternoon, so I decided to make them into burgers. I really like how they turned out. They were super fast, super easy and super yummy.

I sprayed the mushrooms with olive oil and seasoned them with pepper and a garlic parmesan mixture, then cooked them on a grill pan, just like a hamburger. I roasted a red pepper by broiling it in the oven. I also caramelized onions. I put Swiss cheese on the mushrooms once they were cooked, so it would be nice and gooey. I toasted Ciabatta rolls on the grill pan, once the onions and mushrooms were removed.

I put two mushrooms - topped with cheese, the roasted red pepper and onions on the toasted ciabatta rolls. I was able to make them in less than 20 minutes.

Dwight liked them so much he had two. I had him take a picture of the second one before he ate it.

I would also like to try using roasted chili peppers and Monterey Jack cheese instead of the red bell pepper and Swiss cheese, and maybe try adding some bacon.

3 comments:

T.A.T.I Crew said...

You are a culinary genious.

This looks really, really good.

Jessica Adams said...

Ok Martha.
I still need those cooking lessons.

Casey said...

Those look delicious!