Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Dwight gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses for Mother's Day. They smell wonderful and the colors make me smile.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We spent time with my Grandma and my Mom. I am so lucky to be surrounded by incredible women. I was blessed with a hilarious Grandma, a nurturing Mom and crazy Sisters. I also have fantastic Sisters-in-Law. I love them all.

One of the highlights of my day was sitting down to dinner with my 4 year old niece, Tabby. She was sitting alone at the kids table because all of the cousins were out of town.

"Hide, I'm all alone over here." She said as I sat down to eat at the "big" table. It makes me laugh when she calls me Hide.

I moved over to the kids table and she started up a serious conversation.

"Hide, whats your favorite color?" she asked, while brushing the hair from her cheek. I told her that my favorite color was green. I asked what her favorite color was and she listed off about 8 different colors, including green, and light green, purple and light purple.

"Hide, were you sad when Bailee died?" was the next question. Bailee is the dog that my parents had for almost 15 years. She passed away last year.

"Yeah, I was sad when Bailee died." I replied. "Were you sad, Tabby?"

"No, I wasn't sad." She replied in a serious tone, again while brushing the hair from her face.

"Why weren't you sad?" I asked, knowing I was going to get a profound answer.

"Because we will all live again. Jesus died and now he has a body again." She said.

The conversation went on filled with questions like, "Hide, do you love your husband? I have a husband, his name is Diego." At one time she wanted to marry Riff, but seeing as he was a dinosaur, she wasn't sure how he could get into the Temple with a tail.

I love talking with my nieces and nephews. They make me smile.

1 comment:

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Ah, yes. The serious side of Tabs. You just never know what is going to come out of that mouth.

Thanks for sitting by her. She loved it.

You are a good Aunt.