
I took a class on sprouting at a local store called Kitchen Kneads. I have always loved eating alfalfa sprouts so I am enjoying being able to sprout them myself. I like to eat them on sandwiches and in salads. I also think that the seeds have been a great addition to our food storage.
So far I have sprouted alfalfa, pro-vita mix (which is a combination of wheat, fenugreek, lentils, peas, mung beans, adzuki beans and triticale), and garbanzo beans. I like to eat the sprouted pro-vita mix on peanut butter sandwiches. I tried to sprout the garbanzo beans and then make hommos (Dwight's family calls it hommos, but it's also called hummus). It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I think next time I will sprout them for a couple of days and then cook them a little.
2 comments:
We make homemade hummus with plain old canned chickpeas, or dried ones that have been reconstituted in water. Adding Tahini to them is the key to that delicious yummy flavor...and lemon juice and garlic. One of our favorite treats...Logan just loves it!
Michelle,
I agree, Tahini makes all the difference. We love eating the hommos, topped with olive oil and parsley, with fresh made pita bread.
After you reconstitute your dried chickpeas do you cook them?
Heidi
Post a Comment