Monday, April 21, 2008

It's all fun and games, until...

It is well known in my family that when a video camera is rolling, I inevitably do something silly. I don't try to be silly, I just come across that way. I will always be known for my video appearances.

Here's one that I think is hilarious. One of the things that makes me laugh the hardest is that no one is behind the camera. Dwight's Dad had been filming us and he set the camera on the mantle and walked away. None of us, including Dwight's Dad, had any idea that the camera was still rolling.

Dwight and I were trying our hand at playing Rock Band on the X-box. Dwight's brother, Darren, was on guitar, Dwight was the singer and I was on drums. We were rockin' it. As you can see from the clip, I am concentrating quite hard. It was the end of the song and I was trying to go out in a blaze of glory. Dwight was tapping the microphone because he got bonus points for every sound that he made in the microphone.



Leave it to me to figure out how to poke myself in the eye with a 12 inch drumstick - not while frantically drumming the beats of the music, mind you. I didn't just graze the corner of my eye. Somehow I actually poked that little ball at the end of the stick right into my eyeball. That Rock Band can be a dangerous game. I think they need to add a new warning to the box. It's just as dangerous as a Red Ryder BB gun.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

holy crud. really. i watched this at work and it didn't even have any sound and still i laughed so hard there were tears coming out my eyes. i could only imagine the things you were saying.
now i'm getting funny looks from the patients in the waiting room.
i hope you're eye is ok.